We now have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Adviser/ Manager to work in our Northern region. Travelling to various sites is essential for this role so a full UK driving licence will be needed and areas covered will include Derbyshire/ West Midlands/ South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
The main purpose of this role is to provide Health and Safety advice and support across the company.
Main duties for thi srole are:
- Carrying out site QHSE inspections and audits
- Working in partnership with our operations team
- Building excellent working relationships with our clients and partners
- Inspiring best practice within the company
- Driving positive QHSE behaviours
- Investigating incidents and recommending actions to prevent recurrence
- Promoting compliance with our quality, health, safety and environmental policies and company procedures
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator who is flexible and willing to multi task and react to work demands with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
We are ideally looking for someone who has experience in a Health and Safety role in construction/civil engineering industry. The ideal candidate will also have an IOSH/NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, ideally combined with a National Certificate in Construction. We will encourage progression to achieve Chartered status in time.
Knowledge and experience of the following would also be beneficial: ISO 45001, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 Internal auditingExcellent benefits package and personal development opportunities
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a supportive, family atmosphere. We also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Competitive package including a car and other bonuses
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee benefits platform
- Company social calendar
- Regular fun days and a broad range of charity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.