Due to increased workload we are now recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Southern team to work on £10 – 20m+ civil engineering schemes in West Sussex. The projects involve the construction of major highways and structures including complex earthworks, drainage and piling works.
- Management and mentoring of junior staff
- Preparation of cost forecasts in conjunction with operations team
- Monitoring contract costs against budgets to maximise profitability
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Preparation of estimates
- Procurement of sub-contractors, including preparation of sub contract documents
- Assessment and certification of interim and final payments to subcontractors
- Preparation and agreeing main contract variations
- Assist in the preparation of documents for resolution of disputes (adjudications / arbitrations and the like)
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re after an ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate must have experience working on civil engineering schemes including Highways and Structures with a main contractor and experience as a SQS working with the NEC form of contract.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family-feel atmosphere. We also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Company car or car allowance
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Extensive training programmes
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee benefits platform
- Free on-site parking
- Company social calendar
- Regular fun days and a broad range of charity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.