To strengthen our Eastern Region team, we are recruiting for a Site Engineer.You will ideally be located in Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire/Herts/ Peterborough, so you are central to the schemes we have coming up.
Here at Jackson we are dynamic, innovative, focused, and supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on a range of exciting and varied projects.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life, and to support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Works on this site will include:
- Setting out using total stations, GPS equipment, and to be able to undertake traditional setting out using profiles, batter rail and pegs
- Read and review construction drawings
- Undertake basic take-offs
- Raising technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
- Have a good commercial understanding and know the difference between cost and value
- Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
We are seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of earthworks, drainage, highways, and some experience of reinforced concrete structures. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and have a BSc/ HND/ HNC qualification.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel throughout our Eastern Region. A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Company car
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Extensive training programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assitance Programme
- Employee benefits platform
- Free on-site parking
- Company socail calendar
- Regular fun days and a broad range ofcharity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.