Due to winning more projects and increased workload, we are now recruiting for an experienced Foreman in our Eastern Region. Ideally, you will be based around Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire. The main purpose of the Foreman is to maintain efficient productivity and to manage resources on site.
Here at Jackson we are dynamic, innovative, focused, and supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on a range of exciting and varied projects.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life, and to support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
- Direct the work of operatives and sub-contractors
- Ensure environmental systems are implemented satisfactorily
- Contribute to preparation of the programme
- Plan and order materials and plant to achieve programmes
- Keep daily records of work carried out
- Ensure that works proceed in accordance with site programmes
- Ensure all plant on site is suitable for the task and conforms to current legislation
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We need someone who is conscientious, hardworking, IT competent and is excellent at keeping records. Must also have experience in people management and motivation of staff. Already experienced as a General Foreman with a main contractor and previous experience in highways, infrastructure, structures and flood defences, you will also have relevant industry experience and qualifications including CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid at Work. NRSWA would also be desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Company car
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Extensive training programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assitance Programme
- Employee benefits platform
- Free on-site parking
- Company socail calendar
- Regular fun days and a broad range ofcharity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.