We are now recruiting for a Sub Agent to join the existing team working on a busy Flood Defence Scheme for the Environment Agency at Bromford near Birmingham. The scheme is constructing a 2.5km flood embankment and cycle path and several flood defence structures.
Jackson Civil Engineering is dynamic, innovative and focused, and supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting and varied projects.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life and to support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Main Duties will include:
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and project management plans
- Understand tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work
- Manage design co-ordination
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors
- Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts
- Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary
- Foster good relations and reputation with clients
Are you the person we are looking for?
The candidate will need experience of Earthworks, s278 works and FRC works.
The candidate will also need experience of producing and managing short term programmes, assisting the PM / Agent with forecasting and managing a team of Engineers / Foreman. Knowledge of NEC3 contracts is also essential.
You should be:
- A good communicator with the ability to instruct and direct staff
- A good organiser, both of self and others with the ability to think in advance
- Experienced in people management and motivation of staff
You will have experience in the civils sector working for a main contractor and working with the NEC form of contract. You must also have a relevant industry qualification (SMSTS or equivalent). You will have significant main contractor civils experience including Roads, Earthworks, Drainage, Highways and Infrastructure.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work, we also offer life assurance cover, company car or car allowance, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.