We're recruiting for an experienced General Foreman in our Eastern Region. Ideally you will be based around Cambridgeshire / Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire.
- Direct the work of operatives and sub-contractors
- Ensure environmental systems are implemented satisfactorily
- Contribute to preparation of the programme
- Plan and order materials and plant to achieve programmes
- Keep daily records of work carried out
- Ensure that works proceed in accordance with site programmes
- Ensure all plant on site is suitable for the task and conforms to current legislation
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We need someone who is conscientious and hardworking, with sound IT skills and meticulous record keeping. You must also have experience in people management and be able to motivate your team.
Already experienced as a General Foreman with previous experience in highways, infrastructure, structures and flood and river protection, you will also have relevant industry experience and qualifications including CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid at Work. NRSWA would also be desirable.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work, we also offer life assurance cover, company car or car allowance, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.