We are now recruiting for an experienced Site Agent to join our Southern Region to manage river works projects for the Environment Agency. Ideally you will be located close to South West London or the West of London.
Main duties will include:
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provision of method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Ability to understand the tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets – company financial reporting.
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work.
- Managing design co-ordination.
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
- Informing, consulting and involving local groups as necessary.
- Promoting and ensuring all work complies with safety, quality and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
- Understanding and administering contract change.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Already experienced as a Site Agent you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A First Aid at work qualification is desirable.
You will also have experience of managing civil engineering projects with a main contractor. Previous experience in river works is desirable but not essential.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family-feel atmosphere. We also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Company car or car allowance
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Extensive training programmes
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee benefits platform
- Free on-site parking
- Company social calendar
- Regular fun days and a broad range of charity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.